COMPANY NEWS - PRESS RELEASE
IMCD to acquire the specialty chemicals business of Bossco Industries Inc and expand its presence in the United States
ROTTERDAM, The Netherlands (19th May, 2017) – IMCD N.V. (“IMCD” or “Company”), a leading distributor of speciality chemicals and food ingredients, announces that it has signed an agreement to acquire the specialty chemicals distribution business of Bossco Industries Inc.
Bossco Industries was established in 1989 and is a distributor of specialty chemicals, supplying products and technical solutions to all major industrial market segments in the southwestern region of the United States. Located in Houston, Texas, Bossco Industries generated a revenue of 11 million USD in 2016.
After completion of the transaction, expected at the beginning of July 2017, the business will be integrated within IMCD US with Edward Boss becoming a senior member of the IMCD management team.
Edward Boss, President of Bossco Industries sees an excellent fit with IMCD adding that, “IMCD shares our vision of offering technical solutions to our customers and a transparent, growth focused partnership with our principal partners.”
John Mastrantoni, President of IMCD US adds, “The acquisition of Bossco Industries will further strengthen IMCD US and our ability to offer national coverage to our principal partners.”
READ THE FULL PRESS RELEASE HERE
Bossco Industries is a leading distributor of industrial and specialty chemicals, supplying products and technical solutions to all major industrial market segments.
Bossco Industries distributes an extensive range of chemical products which are used in a variety of industries. Many of these items are currently in stock at locations throughout our 12 state territory. Bossco Industries has been providing its sourcing services and technical expertise to the chemical industry for over 25 years. We look forward to the opportunity to discuss how Bossco Industries can become a partner for your supply chain solutions.
Product Line Cards
Performance Chemicals Group Line Cards
CASE, Graphic Arts and Inks Southwestern United States
CASE, Graphic Arts and Inks Southeastern United States
Plastics, Composites and Rubber
Territories We Service
Our success and reputation continues to be built around our capabilities to promote specialty chemicals and provide technical assistance to our customer base.The products we represent and the people we employ have differentiated Bossco Industries from our competition, our salespeople and technical backgrounds with established experience in the markets and geographies they service. The employees associated with our support group also have substantial experience and professionalism in the functions they perform for the organization, including Customer Service, warehouse management, inventory control, financial management, packaging operations and management of information systems. We take great pride in our database management system and quality processes that have been established to meet the expectations of inventory and service required by our customers.
Besides our products and people, Bossco Industries has also differentiated our services with high quality communication between our customers and suppliers. Call reports are regularly written to our principals for each relevant contact. This allows our suppliers to be completely informed about the projects and the opportunities that our customers present. Our principals have recognized many of our Sales and marketing Programs as being exceptional, including out Target Account management Program and our Lead and Sample Follow-Up Program.
Bossco Industries was founded in 1989 by Edward and Gayla Boss as a Chemical Distributor servicing the southwest part of the United States. From the beginning, the company has focused on promoting specialty chemicals, resins and additives and continues to do so today. The initial territory areas included Texas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Arkansas. Bossco Industries further expanded their sales coverage to include the current 12 state region.
To educate and supply the specialty chemicals industry with value added products, superior technical and marketing support along with outstanding customer service, distinguishing us as the recognized leader in
NACD RESPONSIBLE DISTRIBUTOR
As a member of the National Association of Chemical Distributors (NACD), Bossco Industries and its senior management are committed to continuous improvement in the chemical distribution industry’s responsible management and handling of chemicals. We pledge to operate our business in an ethically responsible manner according to these principles and to review them in compliance with Responsible Distribution on at least an annual basis.
1. To recognize and respond to community concerns about chemicals, their handling, use, storage, transportation, and disposal.
2. To make health, safety, security, and environmental considerations a priority in our planning for all existing and new operations, products, processes, and facilities.
3. To inform emergency response officials, employees, customers, and the public of manufacturer’s information on chemical-related health and environmental hazards, and the manufacturer’s recommendations on protective and remedial measures.
4. To work with customers, in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations, on product stewardship including handling, use, storage, transportation, and disposal of chemicals.
5. To protect the health, safety, and security of the public, our employees, the environment, and our plants and facilities.
6. To cooperate with individuals, government and other interested entities in resolving problems created by handling and disposal of hazardous chemicals.
7. To participate with individuals, government and other interested entities in creating responsible laws, regulations, and practices to help safeguard the community, workplace, and environment.
8. To adhere to applicable local, state and national laws, rules, and regulations in respect to our handling, use, storage, transportation, and disposal of chemicals.
9. To promote the principles and practices of Responsible Distribution by sharing experiences and offering assistance to those who handle, use, store, transport, or dispose of chemicals.
Bossco Industries is accredited to the ISO 9001:2008 standard. The ISO 9001:2008 standard is a set of quality practices that ensures the use of effective processes that are consistently monitored and continually improved.
ISO 9001:2008 is the most recent revision of the ISO 9000 standard. ISO 9001:2008 specifies requirements for a quality management system in which an organization needs to demonstrate its ability to consistently provide product that meets customer and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements. The company must aim to enhance customer satisfaction through the effective application of the system, including processes for continual improvement of the system and the assurance of conformity to customer and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
Bossco Industries, Inc.
14550 Torrey Chase Blvd., Suite 660
Houston, TX 77014
Click for Map
415 Interchange Street
McKinney, TX 75071
Click for Map
American Warehouse, Ltd.
Houston, TX 77009
Click for Map
Texas Cartage Warehouse
12344 E. Northwest Hwy.
Dallas, TX 75228
Click for Map
Amware Logistics Services
650 Selig Drive
Atlanta, GA 30336
Click for Map
11425 Granite Street
Charlotte, NC 28273
Click for Map